Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/spicy-pumpkin-sweet-potato-chili/
© 2015 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved. Top
Spicy Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili #PumpkinWeek
This is not your ordinary crock pot chili - it's packed with pumpkin, sweet potato, beef, pork, beans, and tons of fall flavor!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground chicken)
- 1/4 pound pork loin, cubed
- 1 can tomatoes & chilies (Rotel)
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 (12oz.) bottle pumpkin beer (or 1 1/2 cups beef broth)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 Tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, seasoning it with salt and chili powder. Drain fat and transfer to crock pot.
- Season the pork cubes with ½ teaspoon cumin and a pinch nutmeg, then sear in the same skillet. Add to crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients to crock pot, stirring well.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally if you are able.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar if desired upon serving. Enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 440kcal Calories from fat 108|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|