Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/polish-haluski/
© 2016 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved. Top
Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut)
Pan fried farfalle pasta, butter-caramelized onions, and tangy sauerkraut are all you need to relax and satisfy your soul in this delicious eastern European comfort food.
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 oz. farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 16 oz. sauerkraut
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Chives (optional)
- Melt butter in a dutch oven set over low heat. Add sliced onions; saute for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning while the onions caramelize.
- While onions are cooking, follow box directions and boil farfalle pasta. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- When butter is nearly gone, add pasta and toss. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then stir in sauerkraut, allowing everything to come to a uniform temperature. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Transfer haluski to a serving dish. Sprinkle additional black pepper on top and garnish with chopped chives if desired. Serve and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 760kcal Calories from fat 427|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 47g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 29g||145%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|