This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are a fun twist on the classic cookie, with a handful of winter peppermint thrown in! These easy treats are quick to make, perfect for dipping, and are sure to become a new holiday go-to.
If I could capture the essence of almost everything I love about Christmas in a cookie, it would be these.
Comforting brown sugar cookie dough that’s good enough to eat straight from the mixing bowl.
(MINI!) Chocolate Chips.
Allllll the peppermint.
If I could shove snow, sparkly lights, and fir trees in there too, I would.
I don’t see them tasting nearly as good, though.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE STICKS ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy cookie sticks recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
Obviously, chocolate chip cookies are delish all year round, but I’ve realized that I don’t really bake them unless Christmas is near.
I’m not really sure why I associate home-baked cookies with the holidays, but I assume it’s because of Nana.
She baked cakes and pies and pastries and all kinds of treats during the year, but we were hard-pressed to find cookies in May.
There’s nothing in the world quite like eating a cookie warm from the oven.
It’s one of those feelings I rank right up there with foot massages, warm blankets, and puppy snuggles. So much comfort and happiness in such a small pleasure.
Taking part in The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange makes me super happy. Knowing that I get to play with cookies weeks before I normally would (stupid brain), and then get to eat them after?
I’ve shared my fair share of chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years and will continue to do so. They are so incredibly versatile, and there is just so much you can do with them. Not to mention they are always undoubtedly delicious.
Cookies never fail to make people happy, and I love being the one to bring them that happiness.
It’s on that puppy/foot massage list, too.
Enjoy these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks this season!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES?
- Chocolate Shortbread Snowflakes
- Toasted Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Mint Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE STICKS:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 3/4 cup peppermint crunch baking chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper, overlapping the edges, and grease it with butter or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Cream 2-3 minutes until fluffy and combined. Add egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, whisking to combine. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peppermint chips.
- Turn the cookie dough on to the prepared baking sheet. Press it into an even layer, covering the entire surface. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and peppermint chips over dough and press lightly.
- Bake for 17-21 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut the sheet of cookie in half horizontally with a serrated knife, then each half into 1-inch strips. Remove to wire racks to cool.
In love with these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks and need more cookie recipes to build your cookie platters with? Try including one of these unconventional peppermint treats on there, too!