Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/mushroom-spinach-chicken-white-wine-sauce/
© 2014 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Mushroom Spinach Chicken with White Wine Sauce
A wonderfully savory chicken dish, topped with a light white wine-mushroom-spinach sauce. Perfection has found your dinner table.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Herb de Provence in a small bowl and season chicken with the blend.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron (or other oven-ready) skillet over medium heat; add chicken and brown on each side for 5-6 minutes, until golden.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shallot, lemon juice, and spinach, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in wine and bring to a gentle boil; when the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and return to a boil until it reaches sauce-like thickness, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- When chicken is ready, plate, spoon wine sauce over each breast, serve, and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Serving Size|| 1|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 560kcal Calories from fat 238|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|