This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Sweet and tangy key lime filling, nestled in an almond graham cracker crust and topped with a generous helping of fresh whipped cream – the perfect Florida pie!
Everything about this pie screams
I don’t boast that often about the recipes I share on my blog, but this one is worth tooting my horn about juuuust a little bit.
When your husband tells you it’s the best version of his favorite pie that he’s ever had? Bragging rights, baby.
This pie is certainly not groundbreaking.
If you look up ‘key lime pie’ on Google, an endless amount of recipes will show up, many of them extremely similar to this one. Some might even be near identical.
Made with fresh key lime juice and lots of thick, sugary dairy, this pie filling is the bomb diggity. It’s not to sweet, nor too tart, and is brightened up further with lots and lots of lime zest.
Have we ever talked about how much I love citrus zest?? Ohmagah. Hopelessly devoted.
And there’s so much whipped cream on this thing that I couldn’t resist adding ‘cream pie’ to the title.
I wanted to pile even more on top just to mess with the ratio, but I ran out of heavy cream.
When you make it, do so knowing that there’s no such thing as too much whipped cream. Go crazy.
Oooh ooh! Brown butter almond graham cracker crust. We can’t forget that part. So very warm and toasty with a hint of cinnamon.
A slice of this with a cup of coffee, a glass of milk, or a shared bottle of wine…whatever beverage you choose, just make sure you have a good view of a bit of Florida while you enjoy it, and you might think you’ve ended up there.
Florida Key Lime Cream Pie
Key Lime Cream Pie | Sweet and tangy key lime filling, nestled in an almond graham cracker crust and topped with a generous helping of fresh whipped cream - the perfect Florida pie!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, browned
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice, fresh squeezed or store bought
- Zest of 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8- or 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse to fine crumbs. Add melted brown butter and stir with a fork until combined. Pour crumbs into prepared pan and, using your fingers, press mixture evenly onto bottom and up the side about 1-inch.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and 1 Tablespoon of lime zest. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees, not allowing the pie to brown. Turn off heat, crack oven door open, and allow pie to cool inside for 30 minutes before removing. Cool completely on countertop, then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a clean bowl, whip cream and powdered sugar together to soft peaks. Spread on top of pie, garnish with remaining zest and lime wedges. Slice up and enjoy!!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 971kcal Calories from fat 495|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 55g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Pittsburgh Steak and Fries Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- California Roll Poke Salad by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Hatch Chili Pepper Jack Burger by Fearless Dining
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Michigan Pasties by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Shrimp Scampi by My World Simplified
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Pie by Feeding Big and more
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement