Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/jalapeno-popper-cornbread-muffins/
© 2016 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved. Top
Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins
Kick up your cornbread game! These spicy, cheesy Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins are the perfect side for fried chicken, chili, or just by themselves with a drizzle of honey!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can creamed corn (or homemade)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced, plus slices for garnish
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a standard muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, sugar, and butter. Stir until a thick paste forms. Add eggs and mix until evenly combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until thickened and combined.
- Mix in creamed corn and sour cream, stirring until just combined. Fold in cheddar and diced jalapeno.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ full; add 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese to the center of each, and cover with muffin batter. Top each with a whole jalapeno coin.
- Bake 16-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve as a side with a savory dinner, or enjoy with a drizzle of honey.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 311kcal Calories from fat 175|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|