Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/gluten-free-sweet-potato-snickerdoodle/
© 2015 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved. Top
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Snickerdoodle
All things English and Scottish and yum combined, these (gluten-free!) Sweet Potato Snickerdoodle are best enjoyed at high tea, but are wonderful any time!
- 1 cup softened butter (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 pure cane sugar
- 1/3 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular AP flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the snickerdoodle topping
- 2 tbsp pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar & sweet potato until fluffy and smooth. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sweet potato mixture just until mixed.
- Dump dough onto a large piece of parchment and shape into a tight log, about 2 inches wide and 18 inches long.
- Freeze dough for 15-20 minutes. Stir together cinnamon & sugar for the snickerdoodle topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice cookies about ½” thick and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining snickerdoodle topping then allow to cool completely.
- Serve with hot tea or coffee.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 80kcal Calories from fat 49|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|