This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Fall Harvest Sangria is a warm, autumn blend of apple, pear, ginger, and cinnamon spice, steeped with your favorite white wine!
Happy first day of autumn!
Fall baking is in full swing at the Crumby Casa!
It’s ever so slowly starting to cool off here in the south, and cinnamon brooms have arrived at every grocery store in the area, filling my world with the scents and feels of autumn.
Cue the dreamy sigh.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin and spice and everything nice, then my crazy obsession will benefit you!
And if not, well. Hang on. It’ll be over soon enough.
For the time being, pull up a chair and a wine glass, and share a few sips of this Fall Harvest Sangria with me!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE FALL HARVEST ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy fall sangria recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
I cannot get over how warm and fuzzy this drink makes me feel!
As you can see, I made a rather large amount, and I’ve taken to retiring to my backyard every evening, glass in hand, to take in the descending autumn air.
Being outside is nicest in the morning and evenings, now.
Daytime is tolerable, but still very humid and far too summery for my taste.
I’m ready for pumpkin carving and Halloween costume shopping!
To those of you that live further north, be sure to take time to really appreciate the change of seasons!
I would love to see the leaves change and actually have to bundle up to go on a hay ride!
Send me photos, so I can ogle your gorgeous, fiery sunsets.
Better yet, send me selfies in the sunset with a glass of this sangria in your hand. 🙂
It’s honest-to-goodness delicious!
Straight apple cider would work fine on its own as a base, but simmering it with the spices and honey really gives the finished product a lovely warmth.
It doesn’t only fill your mouth, it fills your soul.
Ugh, I’m choking on my own sappiness, here.
Oh. And the apples and pears are a nice little boozy treat to snack on after.
As for the star fruit…I’m not exactly sure of its “fall” factor, but it sure looks cute!
LOOKING FOR MORE FALL COCKTAIL RECIPES?
- Boozy Pumpkin Party Punch
- The Copperface Cocktail Elyxir
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider Sangria
- Apple Cider Dark & Stormy
- “Grown Up” Potter Pumpkin Juice
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING FALL SANGRIA:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Spicy Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 inch slice fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or allspice
- 2 cups spicy apple cider
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc or pinot grigio, chardonnay, or your favorite dry white
- 1/2 cup ginger brandy or bourbon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Honeycrisp apples chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped
- 2 pears chopped
- 1 carmabola star fruit; optional, I just used it for looks
- 1 cup club soda
Spicy Apple Cider
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain.
- Mix ingredients together in a large pitcher. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving, but at least overnight to steep for best results. Add club soda just before serving, so you don't lose the fizz!