This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
This simple Cranberry Apple Pecan Baked Brie combines tart, sweet, and savory to create an elegant holiday crowd pleaser!
‘Tis the season for ALL the cheeses
See what I did there? Just grab a plate-full of crackers and crostini and let’s get spreadin’.
People blow my mind. Generally, this happens on a daily basis, but some days are a little more ridiculous than others.
At work the other day, I was putting up our display of Christmas Cookies late in the afternoon. A few older ladies passed by and made snarky comments about “skipping Thanksgiving” and it being “a little early for Christmas.”
I politely disagreed, and said the season was here for them. Which is not untrue – I totally agree that they are two separate holidays, and should be celebrated as such. But for goodness sake, what’s so wrong with the spirit of Christmas coming into our lives a month early?
I have friends who keep their Christmas trees up all year, decorating them for each holiday throughout the year. Some put theirs up the day after Halloween, a few not at all. No one should be faulted for how they celebrate their favorite holiday, right?
So what, every store has been decking the halls for weeks already. Keep walking, mind your business, and (if and) when the spirit moves you, join the season with the rest of us in your own time.
I propose said grinches of the world try my Cranberry Apple Pecan Baked Brie to get them in the spirit.
It’s eye-catching, festive, and holy-cow-OMG-so-delicious. Which is saying something, since I never really liked brie until this year.
GASP. I know. But, I tried a praline pecan version at the Florida Beef event in Gainesville that I attended during the summer, and I couldn’t get enough. I literally had to hold in a pout when the gracious owners of the ranch hosting the dinner ran out!
Make sure you have brie reserves on hand this holiday season. No pouters!
- 1 – 8 ounce brie wheel
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place brie on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While brie is warming, combine apple, pecans, sugar, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small saucepan. Cook together for 5 minutes, until apples soften slightly. Remove from heat.
- After 10 minutes, remove brie from oven and top with cranberry sauce, then apple-pecan mixture. Return to oven and continue to bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Enjoy with assorted crackers or toasted baguette bread.