Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/cranberry-apple-cinnamon-bread-pudding/
© 2014 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Cranberry Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Warm, cozy, and aromatic, this (crock pot!) Cranberry Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding absolutely screams all things autumn!
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups day-old bread, torn or cubed
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons rum (or rum extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine apples, dried cranberries, cinnamon & nutmeg in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, being sure to coat all fruit.
- Spray 4-5 quart crock with non-stick spray.
- Place bread in crock. Add apple mixture and cinnamon chips and mix ingredients around in crock until evenly distributed, pressing it in as needed to fit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until combined. Add milk, butter, vanilla, rum, and salt, whisking until incorporated.
- Pour egg mixture over bread in crock, being sure to coat all of it.
- Cover crock and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 5-6 hours until eggs are fully cooked.
- Top with your favorite salted caramel sauce, such as this one from Sally's Baking Addiction.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3257kcal Calories from fat 937|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 104g||160%|
|Saturated Fat 53g||265%|
|Dietary Fiber 66g||264%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|