Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/black-forest-brownies-choctoberfest/
© 2015 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Black Forest Brownies
Super fudgy Black Forest Brownies, bursting with fresh cherries and chocolate chunks - truly a chocolate lover's dream!
- 3/4 cup Churn84 unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Imperial granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Whipped cream (for garnish, optional)
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish, optional)
- Fresh cherries (for garnish, optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, cocoa powder, and chopped chocolate together over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and 8x8 cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and eggs together for 3 minutes with a hand mixer, until thick and pale.
- Mix in vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture, then fold in flour and salt with a spatula. Stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in cherries and chocolate chunks, then pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before garnishing with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and fresh cherries, if desired. Otherwise, dig in - they're great warm! Enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 466kcal Calories from fat 241|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|