Posted by Ericahttps://thecrumbykitchen.com/apple-pecan-pie-breakfast-ring/
© 2015 The Crumby Kitchen. All rights reserved. Top
Apple Pecan Pie Breakfast Ring
In need of a quick holiday breakfast? This easy crescent-based ring stuffed with apples and pecan pie filling is sure to get you excited for the deliciousness to come!
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup apples, diced
- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- Caramel sauce, for garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- Add sugars and stir until combined and dissolved, then add in egg, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add pecans and diced apples; toss to coat.
- Allow ingredients to come to a boil, stirring to avoid sticking. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pop and unroll cans of Crescents, arranging the bases of the triangles of dough in a 4-inch circle on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Overlapping will happen, and that's OK!
- Spoon filling on the wide ring, leaving ½-inch of space between the filling and inside of the ring.
- Fold each triangle point over the filling and tuck under dough to form a ring (the filling might be visible.)
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg + 1 Tablespoon water, whisked together), if desired, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-5 minutes, then drizzle with caramel, move to serving platter, and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 949kcal Calories from fat 389|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 43g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|